[corona-dev] Corona Integration Build: I-v20080222

Corona’s newsgroup and dev mailing lists have been idle for a while.  During this time, the Corona team has been working to refocus its deliverables to better align its value to the community.

We have been busy cleaning up Corona’s website and wiki.  Even though work is still in progress, you will find some helpful project information in these web resources.

The primary focus for Corona is the availability of its server-side platform.  This is an Eclipse runtime environment for server-side components.  It shares the same architecture used by the Eclipse rich client platform (RCP).  The same concepts of bundles, plug-ins, and features are supported across both the client and server environments. The Corona server-side platform also supports the OSGi Application concept to manage the runtime lifecycle of a server component.  The Corona server-side platform consists of three categories of components: Corona (core), Equinox/OSGi, Eclipse core runtime, and common 3rd party libraries.

A download is available of Corona’s latest Integration build (I-v20080222).  Please see the Getting Started page on the wiki for details.