RE: [corona-dev] Weekly Development Conference Call: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 @ 10:00 AM EDT

Corona Development Conference Call: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 @ 10:00 AM EDT

Meeting Minutes

  • Please reply to the dev mailing list for any updates or corrections.

Attendees

  • Dennis O'Flynn
  • Jim Wright
  • Glenn Everitt
  • Joel Hawkins
  • Pawel Kaczmarek
  • Edyta Kalka
  • Marcin Okraszewski
  • Piotr Jaworowski
  • Brian Roberts
  • Paul Styles

Minutes

Comments

Dennis

  • There are still many items in bugz that need to updated.  This was an action item for all.
  • From this point forward, we should be using the primary condition of "does it improve the reliability, stablility, and usuability of the Corona" for any new or modified code committed.  A secondary test for "usability" would be if it cannot be done manually, than it should be implemented.
  • As a team, we need to begin focusing on testing, bug fixes, and documentation.

Brian

  • Corona’s Europa release will be the release candidate submitted for the Release Review.

Dennis

  • This really does not impact the project plan other than no to pursue community adoption.

Paul

  • Should not change the content that was planned.

News and Noteworthy

Dennis

  • Corona will be featured in a PodCast.  Paul Styles will be Corona’s guest speaker.

Paul

  • Interview is scheduled for this Friday. Should be made available before Europa.

Community Building

Dennis

  • Was able to get Corona’s M9 server running on the vserver.  This will allow us to use the vserver for out-of-box experience.  Performance was slow.
  • Was able to connect to it from behind Compuware’s firewall via SOCKS.  Unfortunately, our Gdansk team members still cannot access the vserver from Compuware.

Dennis

  • ECF is interested in creating a “collaboration” perspective for their sample applications.  I had a chat w/ Remy Suen about this.  I said I would schedule a conference call with the other Technology projects from the January F2F to discuss how we might all be able to utilize the same perspective.

Release Engineering

Dennis:

  • Next milestone build, M10, is scheduled for May 4.

Marcin

  • Updating build process to properly use Orbit based upon recent emails in x-project mailing list.
  • There were some features in Orbit update site that was causing some confusion as to how to use.

Dennis

  • Corona should be providing its own copy of Orbit libraries.

Marcin

  • Problem with build process since it creates unique plugin name based upon “qualifier” name
  • Working w/ x-project to resolve issue

Corona Frameworks

Server-Side Framework

Dennis

  • nothing to report

Jim

  • Working to resolve some minor issues with using DS from the ProjectContainer

Joel

  • Made some changes as to the way Interfaces are handled
  • Start some doc pages on wiki
  • Code checked into COSMOS, need to merge back into Corona’s repository.

Collaboration Framework

Glenn

  • Distributed the most recent container model that includes the feedback.
  • Use of more generic maps is possible, but not included
  • Wrapper classes will extend the existing model classes to provide helper / util functionality

Marcin

  • What are the wrapper classes for?  We can put functionality directly into the generated model classes.

Glenn

  • Wrapper classes give us an opportunity to use different naming convention.
  • (to talk  w/ Marcin offline re: use of wrapper classes)

Exemplary Implementation (ProjectContainer)

Marcin

  • Enhancements to UI vs time constraints.

(out-of-box)

Dennis:

  • Guest access was added this past week.  Once a “guest” users is granted access, they will have full access to ProjectContainer resources
  • The vserver will need a scheduled task to reset the Corona server to clean-up the test/demo environment.

Paul

  • Began working on updating wiki on out-of-box scenario
  • This will be used as a demo script.  Need to include how to use the available features.

Marcin

  • Cannot use Eclipse UM to install everything at once using “Selected Required”.  For some reason, Corona client must be installed separately using a 2nd pass.
  • Corona’s M9 should now be made available via Europa Discovery Site.  There is a delay due to a staging area used to deploy Europa projects.

Paul

  • Is Jackrabbit available, yet?

Glenn

  • It is planned for M10

Test Framework

Dennis

  • Corona needs a test framework for both system and unit test cases.  Joel had started a WSDM based test framework that could be used for this.  This will be a high priority item from now until we release with Europa.

Marcin

  • One concern, what version of JUnit will be supported.  PDE requires JUnit 3.8.1.

Glenn

  • I thought we had already reached a decision to use 3.8.1

Joel

  • It doesn’t really matter.  Should be able to support either version of JUnit.

Joel

  • Need to revisit what work is remaining.
  • I’ll put JUnit 3.8.1 into test framework so we can execute existing test cases