RE: [corona-dev] Weekly Development Conferenc Call: Mar 27, 2007 @ 10:00 AM EDT

Corona Development Conference Call: Tuesday, Mar 27, 2007 @ 10:00 AM EST

Meeting Minutes

  • Please reply to the dev mailing list for any updates or corrections.

Attendees

  • Dennis O'Flynn
  • Jim Wright
  • Joel Hawkins
  • Glenn Everitt
  • Paul Styles
  • Pawel Kaczmarek
  • Edyta Kalka
  • Marcin Okraszewski
  • Piotr Jaworowski

Minutes

News and Noteworthy

  • Edyta won bronze medal in kickboxing during tournament in Poland!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

API Refactoring

Dennis: API freeze date of April 6 is not totally frozen.  Corona container model can continue its refactoring after this date!  J

Glenn: We are almost done w/ new container model definition.  Work has been done to migrate sample CoronaDemo container to new model to verify model.  The new model will extend the ContextContainer functionality as well as address some of the “gray areas”.  It is a great improvement.

Marcin: I think we should introduce new model after Europa M6 build.  We should try to avoid introducing anything that would break the build.

Release Engineering

Marcin: Several committers in Gdansk are planning to take Friday, Apr 6 as a vacation day.  Corona’s Europa M6 build needs to be finished by Thursday, April 5.

Pawel: Cycle dependency has reappeared in headless build.  Does not show up in IDE build.  The bundles in question are: common.axis2 and sdo.handler.

Joel: The bundles in question cannot be merged.  I don’t see how these two bundles are causing the build cycle.

Exemplary Implementation

Piotr: work continues with CCX.  By end of week expect to be stable.

Marcin: Edyta has been assigned with TeamMember functionality.

Edyta: Proposed modeling TeamMember with EMF/SDO.

Marcin: This would make it more serializable (for web services)

Glenn: TeamMember was intended to be an example.  It was assumed that a “real” repository would be used, such as: LDAP.

Joel: A TeamMember object already implies that the data has been normalized

Marcin: Proposed adding some additional functionality to exemplary impl to make it more usable, appealing to community.

Glenn: Assuming the use case – a development team has downloaded Corona’s exemplary implementation, what value would / does Corona provide to the team.  We need to document the out-of-box value.

Paul: Initial release of Corona will have limited functionality.  Need to get community feedback to help determine requirements for follow-up releases.

WSDM Enablement

Joel: Functionality for WSDM enablement has been committed.  Need to provide additional functionality for better support inheritance (annotations)

Marcin: If it is ready to be used, how can we learn how to use it?  Need some doc, tutorial, or something?

Joel: I’ll provide something.

Declarative Services

Jim: DS should be able to replace our need for kickstarting bundles.  However, DS cannot be used to guarantee bundle startup order.

Dennis: We will need both bundle dependencies and DS.  For direct bundle relationships, use manifest Required-Bundle.  For indirect bundle relationships (via services), use DS.

All: Known startup performance issues when service is initially referenced.

Open Issues