[corona-dev] Corona API Refactoring

As mentioned in yesterday's weekly development conference call, we are in the midst of refactoring many of our public APIs.  As this task proceeds, it will cause some temporary instability to our development environment.

For the past week: Glenn, Marcin, and I have been reviewing daily the work needed to be done.  Yesterday, Glenn kicked off the task with a significant refactoring effort that he committed to CVS late last night.  (thanks glenn!)  In parallel, additional refactoring was performed by Joel, Edyta, Piotr, and Pawel.

Efforts have been made to minimize conflict and issues upon our development environment.  Unfortunately, immunity from any such issues cannot be ensured.

I spent most of the day trying to stabilize our development environment.  Bundle dependencies and imports/exports have been updated as needed.  I have been able to successfully launch both the Corona server and Workbench client.  J  However, I still have some connectivity issues.  L

The following are some of the items you will need to synch with the current development environment:

·        j2sdk1.4.2_x

o       this is needed by the IDE to build some of the SOA components that must be 1.4 compliant

·        resynch w/ CVS (HEAD)

·        check out new bundle: org.eclipse.corona.soa.common

Open Issues

·        How will the build process handle the SOA bundles that are dependent upon j2sdk1.4.2_x?

·        Refactoring is still needed to expose IContextContainerManager methods via IProjectContextContainerManager web services.

·        IDE Build cycle issue may still remain?  Seems to occasionally disappear.

Additional API Refactoring work still remains.  The initial focus now is to stabilize our development environment so that additional incremental API refactoring can continue.

Thanks to all for their help!