Re: [corona-dev] Ref count for container.

If I'm correct we currently keep container open ref count based on

users. I think we should have it based on client ID (Corona UUID).

Otherwise user wouldn't be able to open two clients for the same container.

*/[O'Flynn, Dennis] +1/*

*/[Glenn] There is really on one container it is shared through the ContainerManager. The reference count was so that the container would remain cached in memory until no users were accessing it. The “close” really just indicated to the ContainerManager that it should decrement reference count and if count was zero the container could be removed from the cache. So, I don’t really care if a user has 1 or 10 clients open I only care that a user still is using the container and it needs to stay in the cache. Maybe I’m not understanding something about the implementation…/*

[Marcin] OK, I though that ref count is implemented as a set of clients. If is a counter, so then the problem doesn't apply. The only problem is when a client crushes - this container will never be released (will always be in memory).

This also mean that open/close event shouldn't indicate user's

availability. It just shows that a client opened container. For user,

there should be some online/offline events. User goes online when he

opens first client. He goes offline, when all clients are closed.

*/[O'Flynn, Dennis] +1/*

*/[Glenn] I thought we were only interested in other Users that were active in my Container – since all of the views are within in the context of a container. I’m only interested in users that have the same container open as I do. This approach gives me the ability to NOT be available to others in a Containers I don’t have open, even though I may be “online”/*

[Marcin] You have two computers. You may want to open the same container twice, have two clients open for the same team member. Then when you close one of the containers, the "close" event is sent. With current semantic, this would mean you are offline, but you still have one instance running. It is not about being online in an other container.