Re: [corona-dev] Ref count for container.

Hi Marcin,

Marcin Okraszewski wrote:
If I'm correct we currently keep container open ref count based on users. I think we should have it based on client ID (Corona UUID). Otherwise user wouldn't be able to open two clients for the same container.

This also mean that open/close event shouldn't indicate user's availability. It just shows that a client opened container. For user, there should be some online/offline events. User goes online when he opens first client. He goes offline, when all clients are closed.

This means that also some "keep-alive" message should be sent, to detect crashed clients. Otherwise if a client crashes, the container will never close.

What do you think? Should I enter a bug for this?

You could use the ECF presence API to distribute info about user state/presence. The API bundle is org.eclipse.ecf.presence. If you want, you could also replace one provider (e.g. XMPP or etc) with another of your own choosing.

Scott

Back to the top