From: corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jaworowski, Piotr
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:58 AM
To: Corona development
Subject: RE: [corona-dev] FW: CCX and PCV (or CCV)

Dennis,

To sum up; please read comments below.

Cheers,

Piotr

From: corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of O'Flynn, Dennis
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 8:28 PM
To: Corona development
Subject: [corona-dev] FW: CCX and PCV (or CCV)

Piotr,

The following is about bugz item 173623

The objective of was to provide an “explorer” view that would show all of the defined ContextContainers, regardless of their type.  This would allow the “SystemContainer”, “ProjectContainers”, as well as any other container type to be listed in the same “explorer” view.

[Jaworowski, Piotr] Explorer is now capable of displaying any kind of ContextContainer element; (so this item is met.)

When the user selects a ContextContainer to be opened, the “explorer” needs to launch the appropriate “viewer”. For our exemplary implementation of a “ProjectContainer”, this would be our current “ProjectContainerViewer” (PCV).   The specific “viewer” to be launched will be defined by using a new extension point (org.eclipse.corona.viewer?), similar to how the current PCV finds the specific PCV-page to use for a REPOSITORY-DESCRIPTOR.

The goal of this enhancement is to allow any collaboration solution to easily register the specific “viewer” for its type of ContextContainer through the use of an extension point.  The “explorer” is used to match the ContextContainer type to the specific “viewer”.

[Jaworowski, Piotr] As I understand, you'd like to have a *generic* "open context container" action which will be capable of opening any kind of context container and displaying proper "view" for it; Right this is not done;

Current implementation of open container action (OpenPCXActionDelegate) is capable of opening the ProjectContextContainer object ONLY. This action is using ProjectContainer specific open method (openProjectContainerForMember) which is not available for other ContextContainers. Moreover, all actions now are using ProjectContainerProxy class to “communicate” with server; ProjectContainerProxy (as the name says ;-)) is ProjectContextContainer specific. Please note that this proxy class implements “generic” ContextContainerProxy class which is empty (there is also ContextContainerManagerProxy class which is not used at all, I guess we’ve got some mess there).

So actually to achieve such generic result of opening ContextContainers (and for some other generic actions), we need to have some refactoring and source clean up.

Below is the class diagram how we could implement it, (current implementation does not fit it, at least on client side, as all methods (even generic one) are implemented in ProjectContainerProxy class)

Two additional things:

1) IMHO ContextContainerManagerProxy and ProjectContainerManagerProxy are better names for proxy classes on client side.

2) We should think of fixing up some classes names, like ProjectContextContainer and ProjectContainerManager (we should go in one direction; either ProjectContextContainer and ProjectContextContainerManager or ProjectContainer and ProjectContainerManager)