Re: [corona-dev] Use Cases

I've read your case. Some thoughts:

The services you are talking about could be published with WS extension point. You just need to specify interface and class that implements it. But this is available only for WS and currently it cannot be changed to other protocols like RMI, Corba, etc. Obviously you can expose RMI or Corba service on your own. In general you can see container as a "configuration" that can be read by clients to discover resources available in its context.

To have a service repository that can be browsed, etc, you could use our context container. One way would be add information about each service to the container. Clients would then take information about services directly from container. The other one would be having a reference to some service repository. In this case clients would connect to the service repository based on the settings from context container.

We don't have any deployment of bundles in runtime. I also don't think it is planned in predictable future. Contributions are welcome :)

I think you should take a look for ECF. They have a service repository similar to the OSGi one, but services might be remote. Don't know what is the default protocol for this, but I expect that the protocols are pluggable, since this is how ECF is being done.

Marcin

Bryan Hunt wrote:
Here is a set of use cases and some notes. It's kinda high-level, but it should serve as a starting point for discussion.

Bryan