[corona-dev] Problem with debug option in corona log service.

I have added an ability to control log level for loggers in runtime (through console so far). But I find a problem with filtering done by CoronaLogService.

The control is performed at Log4j level. There is one logger per plugin. They are organized in hierarhical nature - if you set for instance DEBUG level for "org.eclipse.corona" it is also applied to all "org.eclipse.corona.*" plugins, unless some plugin has the value overriden.

An example:
osgi> clInfo
Default level: DEBUG
Active loggers (format: "logger_name[level;effective level]"):
  org.eclipse.corona[INFO;INFO]
  org.eclipse.corona.container.project.services[null;INFO]
  org.eclipse.corona.container.project.ui[DEBUG;DEBUG]
  org.eclipse.corona.tests[TEST;TEST]

osgi> clSetLevel org.eclipse.corona DEBUG
Old level: INFO
New level: DEBUG
New effective level: INFO

osgi> clInfo
Active loggers (format: "logger_name[level;effective level]"):
  org.eclipse.corona[DEBUG;DEBUG]
  org.eclipse.corona.container.project.services[null;DEBUG]
  org.eclipse.corona.container.project.ui[DEBUG;DEBUG]
  org.eclipse.corona.tests[TEST;TEST]

Now, I would expect that both org.eclipse.corona and org.eclipse.corona.container.project.services will print debug information. But, the CoronaLogService filters all debug information unless there is a debug option set in Eclipse options.

I can change the debug option for org.eclipse.corona but I won't be able to do it for any sublogger. I find fallowing possibilites:
  1. Do not make the debug filtering in CoronaLogService. Leave the filtering to Log4J.
  2. Modify CoronaLogService so that it write debug if either there is debug Eclise setting for plugin or the Log4J logger has effective log level set to DEBUG; this causes a dependency between CoronaLogService and Log4J - don't like it.
  3. Allow debug records in CoronaLogService only for the plugin whose logger was set to be DEBUG; no DEBUG cascading.
Any preferences?
Marcin