[corona-dev] FW: JCR and Eclipse Corona.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandro Böhme [mailto:sandro.boehme@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:57 PM
To: Everitt, Glenn
Subject: Re: JCR and Eclipse Corona.

Hi Glenn,

thank you for your comprehensive answer. I hope you didn't took that
much time exclusively for me.

> JCR
> Integrate a JCR component to hold information for the collaboration
> context and manage persistence.  I noticed in the roadmap that you
> mention a similar goal.  I would like to cooperate in creating a
> collaboration context that would for both projects.  It looks like
> Apogee already has a great deal offer in terms of code and experience!

The JCRExplorer project will be a JCRBrowser with editing capabilities.
This is why it will not need a collaboration context.
It will help you with administration tasks if you develop your own node
type model.
If you want to manage the collaboration context in Jackrabbit, that
would break down to the following components in my opinion:
o One or more connectors
o An own node type model (domain model)
Apogee uses an own node type model to store documents and I also think
you can learn from their experiences.
o A mapping framework to be able to work with objects instead of nodes
At the moment there are two mapping frameworks that I know of:
- the beancoder
http://www.openwfe.org/openwfe-jcr-beancoder.html
Discussion about it:
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=42547
- And the Graffito JCR Mapping project
http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/jcr-mapping/index.html

Regarding the relation between ontologies and the JCR. I've seen
some interesting discussions at some mailinglist about it.
Maybe these links help you:
jLibrary:
http://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?group_id=95837&search_subject=1&search_body=1&type_of_search=mlists&all_words=&exact_phrase=rdf&some_word=&without_words=&ml_name%5B%5D=jlibrary-developers&posted_date_start=&posted_date_end=&form_submit=Search
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=10115401&forum_id=45034
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=45034&max_rows=25&style=flat&viewmonth=200605&viewday=7

Jackrabbit:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/200502.mbox/%3c42073A53.8080900@xxxxxxxxx%3e

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the JCR.

Bye,

Sandro