[corona-dev] RE: Build process questions

Pawel,

It was recognized that Eclipse does not have a single build process.  Rather, the PDE build process is the defacto standard.  So we should be compatible.  The build process for EMFT was identified as good example of release engineering that brought together many of the best practices.  The EMFT build process provides summary information from CVS, Bugzilla, and JUnit for each build.  It also has the ability to post and listen to RSS feeds.  This will allow build processes to be linked sequentially.

See the Eclipse wiki site for pages tagged with the category “Releng”: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Category:Releng

From: Kaczmarek, Pawel
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:01 AM
To: O'Flynn, Dennis
Subject: Build process questions

  You attended the conference on Europa build process, isn't it? I've seen the Europa Build Workshop Report, but can you give a brief summary of the new build approach.

            What are differences between the old build process and the new one? If I understand correctly, the old process is still valid, but some improvements/enhancements have been made.

            Where can I find documentation or examples of the new build process?

  Pawel