RE: [corona-dev] IUIRepositoryAdapter

  It seems to me you understand the intent correctly. The idea behind IUIRepositoryAdapter was to supply a means of invoking UI specific operation. A repository, that represents a workbench project, can be imported / opened / closed on the client side. The operation can not be coded in PCX or PCV as there are potentially many kinds of repositories that can be manipulated in this way. There are generic team, CVS and Subversion import mechanisms, for example.

  It is probably a good idea to move IUIRepositoryAdapter and its implementors code, but I now don't see a suitable place.

Pawel

From: corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Everitt, Glenn
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 3:10 PM
To: Corona development
Subject: [corona-dev] IUIRepositoryAdapter

I just ran across IUIRepositoryAdapter and I  not sure I understand what it is used for.  The comment says:

* Interface for adapters that can invoke UI operations related to repositories.

 * Used in PCX to enable / disable / hide actions and to show view.

 *

RepositoryAdapters should not have any user interface code in them.  The user interface code should be in views or ui tools not in the repository object.  We should be following the Model, View, Controller Pattern.  The RepositoryAdapter should be thought of as holding model information.  I think this code will need to move unless I am misunderstanding it intent.

Glenn Everitt