RE: [corona-dev] ProjectContainer Definition

Pawel,

Thanks – that helps me understand better.

From: corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kaczmarek, Pawel
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:34 AM
To: Corona development
Subject: RE: [corona-dev] ProjectContainer Definition

  The examples you gave will work usually, however there are some special cases, which can not be described without kind and type. What if we have teamlist and, say, tasklist. Teamlist is available through webservices and tasklist is available through an xml file. In the example you gave, we wouldn't know the access method to teamlist or tasklist. We know that there are some webservices but we don't know who should invoke them and what they give.

  website and teamlist is something that carries a business information, we treat it as kind ("contents" may be more specific), while webservice is a general communication protocol (type or "accessMethod"). The business information is necessary for us to invoke classes that actually use it.

URI: http://www.eclipse.org/corona

TYPE (accessMethod): http (or "file" if we use a local html file)

KIND (contents): website

URI: http://www.eclipse.org/corona/services

TYPE (accessMethod): webservice

KIND (contents): ??? (what methods are available here? should it be used by teamlist, eventhandler or something else)

URI: http://www.eclipse.org/corona/team.xml

TYPE: xml

KIND: teamlist

PROPERTIES: define the location of the file (local or remote or CVS or other ...)

  In all those cases we communicate with http, but we use it in three different way: pass the uri as a parameter to a window that opens a web site (in 1. example), invoke a web service (in 2. example) and download a file (in 3. example). How should we distinguish those cases?

  Pawel