RE: [corona-dev] ProjectContainer Definition

Please notice one thing:

We have repository uri (attribute of repository element) like this:

<repository kind="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repositoryTypes/teamMemberRepository"

name="TeamMemberRepository" type="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repositoryTypes/xmlRepository"

uri="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repository/TeamMemberRepository">

which serves as repository unique identifier and not as e.g. database url.

We can have for instance multiple jdbc repositories defined within the same project container that will retrieve from the same database different resource subsets:

<repository kind="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repositoryKinds/teamMemberRepository"

          name="TeamMemberRepository2" type="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repositoryTypes/jdbcRepository"

          uri="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repository/TeamMemberRepository2">

        <description>Team member jdbc repository definition </description>

        <repository-configurations default-configuration-name="members_2">

          <repository-configuration name="members_2">

            <repository-connection-parameters>

              <repository-connection-parameter name="url" value="jdbc:postgresql://corona:5432/teamMembers2"/>

              <repository-connection-parameter name="driver" value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>

              <repository-connection-parameter name="user" value="anonymous"/>

            </repository-connection-parameters>

            <resource-subset selection-criteria="select * from users" type="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/resourceSubsetTypes/JdbcResultSet"/>

          </repository-configuration>

        </repository-configurations>

 </repository>

<repository kind="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repositoryKinds/rightsRepository"

          name="RightsRepository" type="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repositoryTypes/jdbcRepository"

          uri="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repository/RightsRepository">

        <description>Team member jdbc repository definition </description>

        <repository-configurations default-configuration-name="rights_2">

          <repository-configuration name=" rights_2">

            <repository-connection-parameters>

            <!—we connect to the same database à

              <repository-connection-parameter name="url" value="jdbc:postgresql://corona:5432/teamMembers2"/>

              <repository-connection-parameter name="driver" value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>

              <repository-connection-parameter name="user" value="anonymous"/>

            </repository-connection-parameters>

            <!—but we retrieve different resource subsets à

            <resource-subset selection-criteria="select * from rights" type="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/resourceSubsetTypes/JdbcResultSet"/>

          </repository-configuration>

        </repository-configurations>

 </repository>

Summing my point of view: repository uri is the identifier, repository connection parameter containing information on jdbc url, file uri etc shows physical data source location (but is not unique and therefore cannot be used as the identifier).

Another thing is that we could use such connection parameter to retrieve information on what type of persistency is going to be used – but please decide if it is a good way of doing it?

Edyta