From: corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Everitt, Glenn
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:21 PM
To: Corona development
Subject: RE: [corona-dev] Artifact Collaboration Repository

Yes Marcin, I think that is a good explanation.

Edyta 3rd item contains an insightful question
- is it managed and accessed only by the Project Container?

I believe the Project Container will make use of many other external repositories for example a CVS Repository, Bugzilla Defect Repository.
I think the Artifact Collaboration Repository will act as adapter or proxy to allow the Project Container to access these repositories.

I am hoping that there is a way to reuse existing the RepositoryProvider classes already in Eclipse.  I think that we should be able add new RepositoryProviders as we find new Repositories to which the Project Container needs access.

I also noticed that there is a similar concept in the Mylar project.  It uses bugzilla/jira as a repositories. If you look at the package org.eclipse.mylar.provisional.tasklist it seems to have many of the classes I think we need for adapting repositories for use with Project Containers

Look at these files in org.eclipse.mylar.provisional.tasklist:

AbstractRepositoryConnector.java
TaskRepositoryManager.java
TaskRepository.java

So, I think ultimately the Project Container should have access to many pre-existing external repositories (why recreate them?).   There will possibly some internal repositories that the Corona community builds that aren't available elsewhere.  Just like the Eclipse Team Support accesses repositories on behalf of user.  The Project Container on the Corona Server will access repositories for Project Container users.

Thanks for the questions, they are really helping me explore what a Project Container should and should not do!