[cobol-dev] A Termination Review has been scheduled for the COBOL project

Title: New Page 1
COBOL developers, (cc/ Tools PMC),
The Tools PMC has scheduled a Termination Review for this project on October 8th (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/whatsnew.php). We have taken this action because this project appears to be dead.
  • The most recent actual discussion on the mailing list was March 3rd (more than six months ago). In that discussion, the project team stated "the most recent version of the COBOL plug-in only supports Eclipse 3.0.1". We conclude:
    • (1) there's no active discussion on the development mailing list
    • (2) Eclipse 3.0.1 was released four years ago.
  • The project team has, over the last few years, made statements about when new features or updates would be available (e.g. Nov 2006) but these plans were not completed.
  • There is no activity in the newsgroup.
  • The last update to the project web page was in 2005.
  • The most recent download available via the Eclipse downloads page was built in 2002.
  • There has been no commit activity in CVS in 2008. In 2006 and 2007, there were a total of 5 files changed.
    The last time there was any activity in CVS was in 2005.
We, the Tools PMC, are disappointed to see the COBOL project die and so we invite any interested party to express interest in rebooting the project. Failing a revival of interest, the Termination Review will be held on October 8th and the project will be archived.

- Bjorn (for the Tools PMC)
--
[end of message]

Back to the top