RE [cobol-dev] Re: Free Compiler

Hi,

Is a compiler realy useful ?
I think the very useful part is the code-formating and syntax highlighting.
An editor allowing to see the different cobol blocks would be great, something like the java editor in Eclipse showing the different blocks in the same way as java methods.

The issue with mainframe editors is that you can't have a list of the differents parts of your programms. I don't really mind to have a compiler since there is always a compiling process in the different environments but I really want to have a tool to format and review the code.
Something like that :

I used the java editor and java objects but the idea is here. You can quicly identify the different parts of your programm in the left frame and a click in the left frame points in the first line of this part in the right frame.

Regards
Sebastien RATEL
Tel : 6.23.49
email : ext-sebastien.ratel@xxxxxxx

HectorFabio.Restrepo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé par : cobol-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

14/01/2008 14:10

Veuillez répondre à
"Development discussions about the COBOL IDE for Eclipse. "     <cobol-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jd@xxxxxxxxx
cc
tej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cobol-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet
[cobol-dev] Re: Free Compiler

Hello,

I work on a HP Non Stop Tandem computer. The COBOL compiler we use is:

COBOL85 - T9257D46 - (13 JUL 06)

Copyright 1985 Compaq Computer Corporation

(Compaq was adquired by HP)

Regards,

Fabio.

"Jens Doll" <jd@xxxxxxxxx>

13.01.2008 14:17

"Eclipse COBOL" <cobol-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tim Josling" <tej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, HectorFabio.Restrepo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Free Compiler

There seems to be a new free compiler, see

http://www.cobug.com/cobug/forums/fujitsu/22.shtml
.

Any Comments, Fabio? Could/would you kindly compile a list of all existing
dialects - and keep track of it? By now I know about: IBM, FS, HP, Oracle,
MS, MF, KOBOL,  ...

Regards
Jens

My goals:

http://www.cococo.de/products/documents/Columbo%20-%20Achitecture%20Draft.pdf

My prototype project:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/columbo/

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete
this e-mail immediately.

Ce message a ete transmis par Internet. Son emetteur peut ne pas etre

l'emetteur annonce. Son contenu et toute piece jointe peuvent ne pas etre exacts.

This message originated from the Internet. Its originator may or may not be who they claim to be and information contained in the message and any attachments may or may not be accurate.