RE: [cobol-dev] plug-in roadmap

Benbenek, Waldyn J wrote:
>A number of us have been updating the COBOL Tool kit on our own.
>There was a set of fixes offered over the list serve to update to make it
work with 3.2.
>3.3 had a few adjustments as well.  The committers have been unwilling to
formally integrate
>the changes and release a new version.
I think this is completely unacceptable from the Cobol project to be un
responsive to the community.
I am escalating that the the Eclipse management.

>Currently, we have our own version running.  All we really care about is
the editor
>and we have made a number of fixes to that.  The COBOL feature is heavily
oriented
>to Fujitsu COBOL and the committers don't seem to want to change that
either.
At that stage, lets wait and see what can happen, but a project take-over
(or fork within Eclipse) could be a solution.
Would you guys be willing to step up there (ie Amdocs and Unisys) ?
As an Eclipse committer, I have been more than annoyed to see the way this
Cobol project has been led, and its lack of leadership.
Cordially
--
Cheers
Philippe