[cobol-dev] Remote Compilation

Our company develops Lemo Cobol IDE and we are going to implement
Remote Compilation. This feature allows to compile the sources on a
remote server using network.

We would like to know how you use remote compilation.

We have two different scenarios for this purpose.

1. FTP + TelNet. User specifies parameters of FTP and TelNet
connections. IDE copies files through FTP to server. IDE launches
compiler on the server using telnet and shows output log. IDE copies
binary files from server to client through FTP.

2. Compilation Server. Admin launches special program on the server-
Compilation Server. The IDE communicates with the Compilation Server.
The IDE passes sources to the Compilation Server. The server compiles
the sources and passes the output log to IDE. IDE shows the log.

What do you think about these scenarios?

Thanks
Sergey Grigorchuk
LemoSoft Company
http://www.lemosoft.com