Re: [cobol-dev] Problems using COBOL plugin

Damian,

Sorry it's taken a couple of days to get back to you.

This is the response from our developers:

"The customer seems to use zip file by downloading from Eclipse web site.
The zip file contains source files, not executable files.

Attached file is JAR file. Customer can use this file to be place in
eclipse plugins folder.

COBOL IDE requires NetCOBOL, so when customer wants to build and debug,
he must have NetCOBOL.

The COBOL IDE was tested on eclipse 2.0, the developer is afraid COBOL IDE
would not work on later version, such as 2.1.x"

If you need NetCOBOL I can put you in touch with the appropriate person if
you let me know which country you are in. Though I think the bigger problem
may be that we haven't tested with the later Eclipse releases.

Let me know if you want to take this further.

Doug Brown
(for Fujitsu Software)