Re: [cme-users] CME in Eclipse

Hi Peri,

I uninstalled all of my JREs and JDKs, made sure all the JavaSoft
registry keys were gone and that no Java executable and/or library was
left in my system32 folder. I then installed the 1.4.2 SDK you pointed
me to. I first started Eclipse normally (no -vm switch) and made sure
that the default compiler was the SDK one. I tried to compose my
concerns: same behaviour as before. I then tried specifying the SDK
java.exe with the -vm switch, made sure the default compiler was setup
correctly, and again got the same behaviour. The problem is apparently
due to something else.

In case it could somehow be related, I also get messages like the
following in the Command Prompt window if I start Eclipse with
java.exe as its vm (as opposed to javaw.exe):

?? Found unit Foo which has no artifact
?? Found unit Foo.Foo() which has no artifact

On the website, I read that ${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar must be
valid path. In that context, is ${java.home} the environment variable
(%JAVA_HOME%) or some internal Eclipse variable?
In the latter case, it sounds like the default compiler should in fact
be set to the JRE folder inside the SDK for tools.jar to be found.
With that in mind I tried several combination of %JAVA_HOME% and
default compiler home but with no luck.

Regards,
Albert