Re: [cme-users] CME in Eclipse

Hi Albert,

Can you confirm that you do have an SDK installed and that it's what your
projects are built using, rather than a JDK?  (You can tell by typing
"java -version" in a command prompt.  With the version information, it
should tell you whether it's a JRE or an SDK.)  Then, if it looks like you
have an SDK, go into Eclipse's Windows->Preferences, and check the
installed JDKs.  Make sure that the default one is your SDK.  I can't tell
you how many times people find that they have a JRE installed that they
didn't know about, and that Eclipse ends up using it as the default.  Sian
is right that this behavior is almost always due to the presence of a JRE
instead of a full SDK.

     Peri

Albert Bachand <albertb@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cme-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/28/2005 09:33 AM
Please respond to
cme-users

cme-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cme-users] CME in Eclipse

Hi Sian,

Thank you for your reply. I tried your solution and started eclipse
with the JDK's javaw but I still get the same behaviour. I then tried
starting eclipse with java.exe to see if anything is outputted to the
console and this is what I get whenever I press the Finish button:

Unhandled event loop exception
Reason:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Any ideas?

Regards,
Albert

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:56:40 +0000, Sian January <SJANUARY@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Albert,
>
> You need to be running Eclipse with an SDK rather than a JRE.  You can
do
> this by starting eclipse with the arguments  -vm
c:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin\javaw