Re: [cme-users] Help building concern model---can't locate any projects

Hi Andrew,

There are a couple of known issues with Eclipse 3.0.  We've made some fixes for it, but I don't believe those have made it to the version on the update site yet (just the CVS repository).  We're currently only guaranteeing compatibility for Eclipse 2.1.3, as noted on the web site.

From your description of the symptoms, however, I'm wondering if you might have a different issue.  Can you tell me (a) what version of the JDK you're using within Eclipse, and (b) what version of the JDK you're using to run Eclipse?  As documented on the web site, it is critical for you to use Sun JDK 1.4.2, and it must be the JDK, NOT just the JRE.  I've seen problems similar to the ones you're reporting when people weren't using the right version of the JDK (or when they were using a JRE instead of a full JDK).  Also, if you wouldn't mind, would you bring up the CME Event View and send me its contents?  (You can answer the other questions on to the whole list, if you like, but perhaps you should just send the event view contents to me directly--I imagine that most people on the list won't want to see those, as they're long and mostly boring :-).)

     Peri

Andrew Eisenberg <ade@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cme-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/03/2004 02:19 AM

Please respond to
cme-users

cme-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject

Peri Tarr wrote:
> Have you added the CME nature to a couple of projects?

Ahhh.  That did it.  Thanks.  However, I'm getting other problems.  I'm
using eclipse 3.0M8.  Would it be best to wait until you have the plugin
tested for M8?

Anyway, here's the problem:

After refreshing the concern explorer, the projects that I added a cme
nature to are showing up, but only the project nodes themselves.  None
of the child artifacts (eg- java artifacts are showing up).

I am also getting the following warning in the console when I try to
build the concern model:
"Neither cmert.jar nor cme.jar can be located. This might lead to
compilation errors in code generated for constructors or method
combination graphs."

Could this warning be related to the previous problem?

Once again, if you think this is an M8-related problem, then I will wait
for a later release.

thanks again,
--andrew