Fw: [cme-dev] plans for 3.1?

For what it's worth, I had meant to say that I am still using Eclipse 3.0,
not 2. I'm not *that* much of a dinosuar.

- Harold
----- Forwarded by Harold Ossher/Watson/IBM on 06/02/2005 12:14 PM -----

             Harold
             Ossher/Watson/IBM
             @IBMUS                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "CME developers' discussion"
             cme-dev-bounces@e         <cme-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/02/2005 12:05          Re: [cme-dev] plans for 3.1?
             PM

             Please respond to
             "CME developers'
                discussion"

Hi Phil,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've still been using Eclipse 2! I installed
3.1.0, and have observed several problems causing many test failures. I've
started looking into these. Certainly I want to get the CME running under
Eclipse 3.1 soon.

As regards Java5 awareness, there are, unfortunately, no plans by our group
to address this. I do want to get the system working on code that doesn't
leverage the Java 5 extensions but is compiled with the Java 5 compiler and
run with its runtime. I'm not expecting problems there, and hope I am
right.

It would be great if someone in the community wanted to pick up handling
the Java 5 extensions!

- Harold

             Phil Quitslund
             <pq@xxxxxxxxxx>
             cme-dev-bounces@e         "CME developers' discussion"
             clipse.org                <cme-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/26/2005 02:02                                      Subject
             PM                        [cme-dev] plans for 3.1?

             Please respond to
             "CME developers'
                discussion"

Hi everyone!

What's the status of CME compatibility w/ Eclipse 3.1?  I know there are
significant challenges in making CME Java5 aware but I wonder about the
extended
forecast...

Thanks!

-phil