Fw: [cme-dev] Running CMEin oure JVM environment

Fowarded to cme-dev.
----- Forwarded by Harold Ossher/Watson/IBM on 02/23/2005 10:12 AM -----

             Santhosh Adiga
             <kbsadiga@gmail.c
                                       Harold Ossher/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
             02/21/2005 11:27                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [cme-dev] Running CMEin oure
             Please respond to         JVM environment
              Santhosh Adiga

Thanks Harold,

          I also wanted to know if I could using CME, from  an initial
query result on
an input artifact, let the user manually select the concerns of
interest and automate the
process of  writing pointcuts for these concerns, assuming that a
pre-written advice code already exists for the concern. If it is
possible, what are the specific tools in CME that I can use for this
purpose?

Thanks and Regards
Santhosh

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:13:22 -0500, Harold Ossher <ossher@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Santhosh,
>
> Yes, you can do this. The easiest way to see how is to take a look at the
> JUnit tests of the query system, which build a concern model and then run
> queries against it. They're in the test.panther project. A good example
is
> TestDemoQueries. If you navigate up to the superclass method
> DemoQueryTest.setup() you'll see example code for setting up the concern
> model programmatically, and in the higher superclass method
> FileBasedQueryTest.doRun() you'll see how to invoke queries.
>
> Regards, Harold
>
>              Santhosh Adiga
>              <kbsadiga@gmail.c
>              om>