Re: [cme-dev] Composition and Query Language

Hi all,

I finally had a chance to get down some thoughts about the composition
langauge issue. They are very half-baked, and the exposition is very
hurriedly written, but I hope this is enough to spark discussion.

The examples are all from Juri and Thomas's paper (many thanks!), showing
how they would be done. As you'll see, the syntax I have used is a little
different. That's not because I think it reads better - it doesn't - but
because I was going with a very general, extensible syntax, and did it
quickly. I'd be interested in comments of all sorts, including how to
improve the suggested syntax. (I may not be able to respond for a while,
however).

Thanks, Harold

(See attached file: Composition Language v0.doc)

             Juri Memmert
             <memmert@jpmdesig
             n.de>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  CME Developers
             cme-dev-admin@ecl         <cme-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ipse.org                                                   cc
                                       Thomas Stets <stets@xxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
             06/22/2004 05:14          [cme-dev] Composition and Query
             PM                        Language

             Please respond to
                  cme-dev

Hi all,

at http://www.jpmdesign.de/papers/CME_Query_and_Composition_Language.pdf
you can find a paper a colleague of mine an I wrote on the current query
language and the to-be-developed composition language for the CME.
We'd be very happy to discuss this if we came up with something you like
(or abhor).

 Juri

-----
Desist from enumerating your fowl prior to their emergence from the
shell.