Re: [cme-dev] Components/Owners for bugzilla?

I think a Concern Model category would be good.  Should we distinguish (or could we expect users to distinguish) between concern-model issues in the Concern Explorer view versus problems internal to the components?  I suppose that at least direct users of the components would be able to tell internal problems from UI problems.

Stan

Sian Whiting1 <SWHITING@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cme-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/22/2004 04:39 AM
Please respond to cme-dev

That looks good - I'm happy to own the UI piece.  What about a 'Concern Model' category for any problems people have in the Concern Explorer?  Or 'Other' or a general 'Components' one for other bugs in the base?

Sian

Andrew Clement/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Sent by: cme-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

22/04/2004 09:24

Please respond to
cme-dev

cme-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cme-dev] Components/Owners for bugzilla?

We need to determine the list of components and their owners for bugzilla CME reporting/tracking.  At the moment we have one component 'CME' and the default person who gets emailed for bugs raised against that component is cme-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx (very useful!)

I think we should name coarse grained areas - I can't initially see any point in naming puma/conman/etc as individual components as the users/raisers won't know which underlying code to pick.  So I was thinking of components like:

Docs

User Interface

Composition

Query

I need default component owners too - I was possibly thinking of Peri for Query, BillH for Composition, Sian for User Interface and maybe Helen for Docs.  Of course, these are only the initial contacts - they are perfectly free to reassign the bugs as appropriate once they've done some initial analysis.

Comments?

Andy.

===

Andy Clement