Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Monthly Call

Hello folks,

Thanks for coming to the call today. I enjoyed the call and getting to talk to you all! Here are the minutes of the meeting:

Minutes

  • CDT 11.4.0 status
    • CDT 11.4 ongoing, nothing special to report
  • CDT LSP status
    • Some additional people are evaluating/trying out CDT LSP, including bug reports from new people
    • Renesas is looking to restart the work of compile_commands.json for Managed Build project in the coming weeks
  • EclipseCon
    • Looking forward to getting together for those in attendance this year.
  • Outstanding reviews
    • We discussed cleaning up stale reviews. Action Jonah to close out PRs that are not active
    • For the outstanding language reviews we discussed what level review needs to be completed before these changes can be accepted, especially in light of insufficient expertise on the parser. The conclusion is that if the code looks correct and it is sufficiently tested it is ok to accept these changes. Action Jonah or Torbjörn to complete those reviews
  • AOB
    • John M has updates on use cases for CMake generator. Action John to send email to cdt-dev on this use case for visibility
    • Discussion about notifications. e.g. if someone wants to get notifications on just changes to the cmake components of CDT how to set that up. The conclusion was there was not enough flexibility in GitHub for such notifications, but by watching project to get PR notifications, in combination with filtering in email reader a similar effect can be achieved
    • Discussion on how to handle ucrt based mingw gcc. For now if ucrt based mingw toolchain is the only mingw one detected then that one will be used. Some updates to the FAQ (specifically this entry) would be useful in this area.
~~~
Jonah Graham (he/him)
Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com