Re: [cdt-dev] Multiple build configurations for CMake Core build projects
  • From: "Waterlander, Erwin" <erwin.waterlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 16:13:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=intel.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=intel.com; dkim=pass header.d=intel.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=+ma/JjEzMKx4UYsW/wc/lZ9IcOeLGowvjD/EfYeo+uU=; b=FTiTX3EAPs6VAcxAB3NKwAsK+6TAvdNPaVryprayFD9Knnxyy+7+mgpUMkzK1EpQ7IhNVStAIPvPLQShg6hP2YNRV4HMS+l3vJPat27LTIOr4Q0hEdxxSYU+IVDg+PMvjDmbvj1qJKNPSG0aIaEMUjCN4W9TXyuuR4sOpj+/F/U7a01OvutTew3ysq1AQgB4X/1uFcFozJT/uLPOq6Vzni40MUtS9YGMS9peTDP9h59zRIGev9+Z61aOMo2LZGkFMgSK8rhyTAtqHsRHq2OCW4dCAf5i3VzjrBWNjdn3rqp4FBk6vABa3Yawv4uE20CBXDjttvLqisHNguBNWaYe9A==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=NrYw5Jkgu9wCXRonX0W+XZtV5lDq5AFli7yGIXChXDo+sei4cDiRF/nkqzsllGQFI91I9YM2fBUbad7M3ERbKca6nBTlR7Vw6WUXwmirDn5pRCAgT0XImm3th7Q3DA7shqWiXCyR8FV3Di2hsdiLHJWo6N4ybgs06ToxfaGTumplMI82PehuWQykHex4E3xTj3HWjCXllKx7oFfxB0+COKPoGm3TNhRdWCNSZwd0wsMvakvy6mo8lZRB806JQyfZqgReZdNrKlc42sTNm6XKM1VUZx594no6bKOfpzK/ZKMiS7JmDTa6pH6yrImm32KC263gT+IbAeQF9bWZ6jGWcw==

When you create a new project you first get a default Run IBuildConfiguration with an empty name “” which is paired with a ICBuildCongiruation with named “default”.

When you switch in the LaunchBar the combo-box to Debug a second IBuildConfiguration is created automatically with a name like “org.eclipse.cdt.cmake.core.provider/cmake.debug.linux.x86_64”, paired to a ICBuildConfiguration named “cmake.debug.linux.x86_64”.

So you get two build configuration pairs and one launch configuration. The build configuration that is picked for building depends on the launch mode (Run/Debug) you choose in the launch bar.

In core build cmake/make projects the border between building and launching has been blurred, because launch configurations keep build settings. In Managed projects the separation is clearer.

For me the default launch configurations are only good for building, not for launching. In my case the built binary must not be called directly. So I have to create normal C/C++ (Remote) Application launch configurations for the launching.

--

Erwin Waterlander                                                 Intel

erwin.waterlander@xxxxxxxxx

http://www.intel.com/                                   The Netherlands