Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 11.0 + Java 17 + migration to GitHub

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 at 10:46, Moritz Strübe <moritz.struebe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey.

On 27.06.22 04:02, Jonah Graham wrote:
I have already written the first draft of the readmecontribution guide, policy, migration guide and a few other pages in my fork and I will merge them once we get to that stage in the approvals.

I know this is sometimes a religious topic, but I made very good experience with having one sentence per line in Markdown, as this gives nice diffs: One line per Paragraph is often difficult to read, and requires more searching. Reformatting to a certain width is even worse, because than adding a single character can cause hard to trace changes in multiple lines?

Any thoughts?

I like the idea of one line per sentence. I really don't like fixed width either because it does make it too hard to read diffs, which is why I did one line per paragraph for all the new stuff I wrote - some of the existing stuff was left in its original-ish format.

Jonah

Cheers
Morty

--
MATHEMA GmbH
Schillerstraße 14 | 90409 Nürnberg

Telefon: +49 (0)911 180778-50
E-Mail: moritz.struebe@xxxxxxxxxx | Web: www.mathema.de

Geschäftsführer: Andreas Hanke, Thomas Haug
Handelsregister: HR B 35517, Nürnberg/Bayern