Re: [cdt-dev] Hierarchical Register Groups

Hi Shiva,

I don't think this is possible without modifying/extending RegisterVMProvider. As you have discovered register groups (most recently extended in 8.6 to allow users to manipulate the groups https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn86#Register_grouping) you are on your way to understanding the code. The vm provider (org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.debug.ui.viewmodel.register.RegisterVMProvider.configureLayout()) configures its layout, and as you can see in that code register groups can only be children of the root node.

HTH,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham