Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 10.0.0 RC1 for 2020-09 RC1

Thanks for those numbers. It seems clear to me that the macOS one is not worth keeping, especially since I do not see a clear path for the user base to increase based on the state of GDB and CDT’s current lldb integration.

For Linux and Windows, I think it’s a bit different.
For Linux, I have a feeling that there might be some companies that do use it internally as is, by building from a cloned repo. I think it would warrant at least a bit of communication in a dedicated email thread ahead of time before it is removed from the main repo.
For Windows, I did see a path to grow the user base: game developers targeting Linux but debugging from a Windows host. But I am not ready to make a push in this direction right now so it seems perfectly OK to remove for now and could resurrect later if needed.

So IMO the Standalone debugger as a downloadable product is neat and a good proof of concept but I don’t think it currently warrants the effort given how popular is has been.

Marc-André