Re: [cdt-dev] Question on class hierarchy of CBuildConfiguration

Am Fr., 17. Juli 2020 um 20:56 Uhr schrieb 15 knots <fifteenknots505@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi gurus,
>
> Currently my code takes a CBuildConfiguration object as an argument in its public API.
> CBuildConfiguration is an abstract class and I would like to use an interface instead.
> Looking at the class hierarchy of CBuildConfiguration, I can find it implements interface ICBuildConfiguration and interface ICBuildConfiguration2.
>
> If I choose ICBuildConfiguration as a replacement for the abstract class, I can read the IProject object my code needs. Unfortunately, it does not give me the build directory, I need an instance of ICBuildConfiguration2 to get the directory.
> But ICBuildConfiguration2 does not extend ICBuildConfiguration. Is that by intent?
> Or is it fine to stay using the abstract class CBuildConfiguration?

Well, looking at my latest code , this might be irrelevant. My code
already takes a parameter object. It would be simple to replace its
reference to CBuildConfiguration with references to the IProject and
build dir and force clients to provide the latter instead.

Martin

Back to the top