Re: [cdt-dev] Fwd: [cross-project-issues-dev] Upgrading the Eclipse SDK target environment for the *September* Eclipse release...

Java 11 will be a requirement to compile and run Eclipse Platform project from 2020-09 release.

and it is fine for components to support earlier versions of Java.

This means that CDT could continue to compile against and be supported on older versions of Eclipse Platform, and thus still only require Java 8.

I don't like having CDT not keeping up with the Eclipse Platform because we have to support the latest Eclipse Platform release anyway due to CDT being part of SimRel and what is downloaded from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Jonah
~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders