Re: [cdt-dev] General concept question

Ming Cheng wrote:

> If I follow https://www.umlet.com/faq.htm instruction by copying UMLet Eclipse plugin jar into dropins folder under Eclipse CDT IDE, everything is ok. However if I copy UMLet Eclipse plugin jar into dropins under Eclipse IDE for Eclipse Committers,  I can’t even see "UMLet/Diagram" when I click "File/New/Other.." from the menu”.

I was under the impression that the "dropins" mechanism wasn't supported anymore, but it's still mentioned in the documentation (https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/p2_dropins_format.html), so maybe not? Alternatively, try installing the plugin using "Install New Software". If UMLet does not provide a p2 repository ("update site"), then I seem to remember that there is a way of generating one from a bare plugin using some command line Eclipse invocation, but I don't remember the details. (Check the docs, possibly https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_publisher.html)

But then aren't you trying to build the UMLet plugin yourself, so you shouldn't need to install a pre-built one?

> “Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.cdt.platform: Unable to find plug-in: org.eclipse.cdt_0.0.0. Please check the error log for more details.”

> org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Could not find satisfiable constructor in org.eclipse.epp.internal.logging.aeri.ide.notifications.MylynNotificationsSupport

I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with these errors and can't help you with them. Last time I used the "Getting started with CDT development" instructions a few years ago, they worked for me.

 -Christian

Back to the top