[cdt-dev] Gerrit verify jobs improvements

Hello folks,

Over the last few weeks I have been rolling out some improvements to the verify jobs that run on the gerrit builds.

- Only the current patchset will build. If you submit a new patchset for a gerrit change any currently running builds will be aborted. This restores a setting that had not been in place since the JIRO migration last year
- The build & test verify jobs now do a shallow fetch of the CDT repository. This speeds the git clone pipeline step down to around 30 seconds - it used to be 3 to 10 minutes.
- The Maven profile that checks that versions have been incremented now only runs on the check code cleanliness check. This means that you will get test results on the build&test verify jobs even if you forget to increment the version number. In some cases that means you can simply fix the version number and not bother waiting for the test jobs to re-run. To check the version numbers are correct a complete build of the plug-ins does need to be done, so this check will also fail for any other compilation failures too.
- The standalone cdt debugger is built as part of the ui-only verify job. This should catch some errors that break the standalone cdt debugger before the change is merged
- I have added some documentation to https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt-infra/tree/master/jenkins/pipelines/cdt/verify#readme which is linked from the individual jobs on the CI too https://ci.eclipse.org/cdt/view/Gerrit/

If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement please let me know. It would be really nice to have the verify of a patchset as short as possible so I am always looking for some spare time to improve the flow.

Thanks
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham