Re: [cdt-dev] Library names with spaces fail

> On 13 Sep 2019, at 14:30, Jan Baeyens <jan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ... The -i test Livius proposes is in the current code the most obvious way. But ... will it cause regression... nobody knows.

I'm not proposing this path, it was just a hack to temporarily fix my tests, and I suggested that more acknowledgeable people study the problem and find a better solution.

> I think it would be better to work in multiple steps.
> The first step: convert the project to a "make oriented model" based on org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions.
> The second step: Convert "make oriented model"  to make files

that would be nice, but it looks like it is very elaborate, and I'm afraid there will be no volunteers to do it.

---

a more realistic approach for this case would be to identify the specific issue and fix it on the spot.

and, in my opinion, the issue is that `ensurePathIsGNUMakeTargetRuleCompatibleSyntax()` is called on a string that is not a path, but also includes the '-l' prefix.

if we can move the ensurePathIsGNUMakeTargetRuleCompatibleSyntax() upper, at the point where the list is first constructed, and later append the '-l' to the result, the issue would not surface.

however I have no idea if this can cause regressions. for libraries probably not, but there are other use cases that need to be considered.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top