[cdt-dev] Some questions about CDT

Hi guys,

I've got some pending commits. Regardless specific code problems I think there's need about a common decision about how we want to face some problems:

1) Bug 545877 - Don't take into account init var values in CFG: CDT Codan doesn't implement a data flow analysis, it means some checks like variable initialization, always true/false conditions, dead code, can't be properly detected. With my commit I just restricted the "scope", Codan is more reliable about these cases because at the end it takes these decisions only if the variable is const. Sometimes ago Elena Laskavaia said that she was not really agree with this kind of policy, but it seems Elena abandoned CDT project (if you read this message, your feedback is welcome!). Actually I'm not agree with her point of view but it's just my opinion. So the question: what we want to do here? If the current policy is ok for the community I can abandon my commit.

2) Bug 546614 - Fix use of double quotes for classes in the project: I modified the code the checks for the path used in a managed project. I didn't receive feedback and since my knowledge of this part is limited I don't want to create regressions. I'd like to receive feedback especially if you use a Windows platform, since I didn't test it on that platform.

3) Bug 540001 - Added option to control comments formatting: I added new options to CDT formatter based on JDT. Nathan asked to disable auto format strategy in some way with an option and I "linked" the auto format strategy with the "CDT code block format" option introduced in this commit. I don't know if it can acceptable or not. A feedback about the "direction" of this implementation is totally welcome.

Thanks.

Back to the top