Re: [cdt-dev] Experimental status of AbstractBuildCommandParser et al?

I don't know of anyone planning on making changes there. I think you're safe to use it.

Cheers,
Doug.
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Mattias Bertilsson [mattias@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:09 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Experimental status of AbstractBuildCommandParser et al?

Hello,

I have been working on cleaning up an integration of a proprietary toolchain with the CDT for a while and time has come for include paths to the compiler. A build output parser solves this problem elegantly and the AbstractBuildCommandParser in org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.language.settings.providers does everything I need, provided I subclass it and feed it my file extensions and parsers for my include path options.

It does however come with the note “EXPERIMENTAL... ...Please do not use this API without consulting with the CDT team”.

So here I am, consulting with the CDT team. Is there any real danger in using this API? It seems to have looked pretty much the same for a few years now. Also, I am not too concerned about 100% compatibility here, we expect some work when we move to new CDT versions. Redesigns and completely different ways of doing things might be another matter though.

Regards

Mattias Bertilsson