Re: [cdt-dev] Help regarding contribution

Hi Rushikesh,

Thanks for your interest in contributing to CDT!

> Should i need ro learn whole eclipse core concepts and code to contribute.? What should be my strategy to be able to contribute ? Please suggest me something?

My suggestion would be to "just jump in": set up a development environment [1], pick a bug you'd like to fix, do some code reading to find the relevant code, and start debugging it. At least, that's how I got started about 6 years ago.

If you need ideas for what bugs to fix, I think code analysis ("codan") bugs make for some of the easier fixes. You can find a list of open codan bugs here [2]. There is plenty there to choose from.

Feel free to post here if you have any questions or run into any issues, e.g. when setting up your development environment. Also once you pick a bug you'd like to fix, feel free to let us know which one, and we can probably give you some more specific pointers on how to get started.

Happy hacking!

Regards,
Nate

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development