Re: [cdt-dev] Makefile project created with new project wizard cannot resolve standard includes

Yes, the (Experimental) warning is pretty significant. In theory, if you have a Local toolchain setup and working, i.e. hitting the Build button in the Launch Bar builds, it should work. But I haven't tried it in a while.

Doug.

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathan Ridge
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 1:22 PM
To: CDT Mailing List <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] Makefile project created with new project wizard cannot resolve standard includes

In newer CDT versions, the new project wizard previously accessed via "File -> New -> C++ Project" seems to be hidden (it's still accessible if you go to "File -> New -> Other").

Instead there is "File -> New -> C/C++ Project", which opens up a different wizard.

If you choose "Makefile project" in this new wizard, the resulting project cannot resolve standard library includes.

Usually, not being able to resolve standard library includes is an issue with the "CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings" provider, which can be configured in the "Providers" tab of "Project Properties -> C/C++ General -> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc.". However, in a Makefile project created with the new wizard, the "Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc." preference page under "C/C++ General" is not there at all! I could not find any other place to configure the built-in compiler settings provider.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I also notice that in the new wizard, the Makefile project option is marked as "Experimental". Perhaps that is why such a project is not functioning properly, but in that case why are we hiding the old wizard which is capable of creating fully functioning Makefile projects?

Regards,
Nate