[cdt-dev] help needed: CDT refactoring test suite results

Hi CDT devs,

I am not a user of CDT.  I tried browsing the CDT documentation online
to find what refactorings are supported in CDT, but I can't seem to find
your reference documentation where all the features are described.

>From casual exposure, I know that CDT does provide some refactoring
support.

As you may be aware, refactoring tools for C++ are few and far between
and where they exist, they are often buggy.  Because of this reality,
I created a test suite for C++ refactoring tools.  You can find it on
github here: <https://github.com/LegalizeAdulthood/refactor-test-suite>

I recently expanded the test suite to cover Rename in the context of
all new C++11 syntax.  Rename now has ~475 test cases and is the most
heavily covered refactoring because it is the one you most often use
while developing IMO.

I would love to report results for CDT.  Is there someone out there
who would be willing to test CDT against the test suite and submit a
pull request to incorporate the results?

Having manually executed the tests myself, I'm able to say that this
is probably 4-8 hours worth of someone's time to execute the test
cases and record the results.  That assumes someone proficient in CDT.
If you are less proficient, it could take longer.

Partial results are perfectly acceptable!  There's no reason that
results for the entire suite have to be reported in a single pull
request.  Probably the most important results are for Rename.

I get the impression that CDT is heavily used in the linux community
and I really would like to showcase your refactoring capabilities in
my test suite.

Thanks for your time,

-- Richard

             The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>