[cdt-dev] [Codan] Add problem rules on the fly (during checker's init) ?

Hi everybody,

I am building a code analysis tool and I'd like to create an Eclipse plugin... and Codan seems the perfect way to do it.
But I've got one expectation that I don't know how to deal with : since my tool will evolve, so will the rules it manages. I would not like to create a new release each time my rules set changes, so I would like to load my problem list (from an xml file for example) when my checker inits. Here are my few problems :
* I found the  ICheckersRegistry interface that seems API (there's a method called addProblem with seems perfect), but the intanciating class CheckersRegistry is not. In my checker, I can call "this.getRuntime().getCheckersRegistry()" but I'm not sure this is part of the APi either. Is there's a good way to get the registry for an external plugin ?
* I could not find a factory for IProblem, so that the only solution I see is to create directly CodanProblem... which seems not to be part of the API.
* I can't find when I could add my problems to the checkers registry. In my checker's constructor, the registry is not initialized and I can not add problems to it. And the other AbstractChecker's methods are not good entries because they are called to late.

When I consider all these issues, I bet such a thing is not meant to be done yet. My main questions are :
* is Codan actually not designed for such a thing or is there a way I have not found yet ?
* do you plan to do such an evolution (if not already done) ?
* if not, could I propose evolution to do that or is it out of question for you ?

Thank you for considering my question (I hope my english is not too bad)

Cédric

Back to the top