Re: [cdt-dev] CDT project view: How to programatically update the directories shown below 'Includes'?

Am Donnerstag, 23. November 2017, 22:29:57 CET schrieb Jonah Graham:

Hi Jonah,
Thanks for your help.

> The Content Provider providing Includes to the Common Navigator
> is: org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.navigator.CNavigatorContentProvider
> (extending the org.eclipse.ui.navigator.navigatorContent extension point).
> IncludeRefContainer provides the view model object for the "Includes" node.
> You can refresh the data by calling refresh() on the viewer passing the
> project as the element to refresh.

Meanwhile I found out how to refresh the "Includes" node display. But
refreshing it did not provoke any visual effekt.

For the records:

I tracked refresh down to see where the displayed information comes from:
It ends in CModelManager#peekAtInfo(). This method returns information cached
in CModelManager#temporaryCache and CModelManager#cache. Apparently, the
caches only get populated when a project is opened (see
CElement#openWhenClosed()).
So sadly users will have to close and re-open their project to see include
paths detected during the build.

/Martin

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.