[cdt-dev] Core Build/CMake update

Hey Core Build and CMake fans!

I’ve submitted my latest update. You can see it here: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/109948/

The key feature I’ve added it the ability to specify a toolchain to use for a given build for launch. This is especially necessary when you have multiple toolchains available for a given target like we do with Windows, or when you have multiple versions of toolchains available to you.

I also move storage of build settings out of the launch config, which was a pretty bad idea anyway, and they are now stored in preference store associated with the build config. That should open the door to build configs independent of the Launch Bar if someone wants to pursue that.

And now that we can manually specify toolchains for build configs, I’ve changed CMake so that the toolchain files are matched up with toolchains, instead of target properties. This makes more sense especially if you have multiple toolchains with different CMake setups.

Feel free to ask me anything or any other feedback,

Doug.

Back to the top