[cdt-dev] Adding autotools support to core builder

Hi everyone,

I’m interested to make core builder support building both native and containerized versions of autotools project, my hope is to first enable native build and then use that as a starting point to add container support. The containerized autotools project would be built and launched using Yocto Project toolchain containers, although other container images might also work.

I’d be happy to contribute both native and containerized versions of core builder autotools project, although given that I’m new here please bear with me as I try to familiarize myself with the contribution process.

So far I’ve managed to prototype extending CBuildConfiguration to invoke autoreconf/configure/make directly, but that’s pretty much it for now. I could use some advice or guidance on how to support new project type, project nature, build configuration, toolchain, etc. from core builder perspective. Any help that I can get to implement a more functional core builder autotools project would be much appreciated.

--Chin Huat

Back to the top