[cdt-dev] 'Failed to execute MI command: -exec-run' error when trying to debug a GNU project with Eclipse

I wish to debug GNU Emacs in Eclipse IDE for C/C++ on my macOS Sierra. I have downloaded the source code with Git and built the project successfully via the command line. I then imported the project to Eclipse as an existing Makefile project with the 'GNU autotools toolchain' setting.

I can now run the Emacs GUI from Eclipse. However, when I try to debug it (with gdb), I get the following error message:

---

'Launching emacs-26.0.50.1' has encountered a problem.
Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:
-exec-run
Error message from debugger back end:
During startup program terminated with signal ?, Unknown signal.
During startup program terminated with signal ?, Unknown signal.
---

Back to the top