[cdt-dev] Variables view on Mac not showing correct values?

Hi folks,

Has anyone seen this? Is this a known problem on Mac, or familiar problem to anyone?

From Stack overflow question "eclipse cdt value not shown correctly during debug, always 0"[1]

I am trying eclipse CDT out. But the eclipse is not showing the value of variables correctly. Both in the "Variables" window and "Expressions" window.

enter image description here But in the "Variables" window, value of x and y are both shown as 0. Where, the correct value should be 1 and 2.

enter image description here

Per the request from comment, here is the environment I run into the problem.

  • MacOS Sierra (10.12.3)
  • gdb 7.12.1 installed from brew
  • Neon.1a Release (4.6.1)

The user went on to answer their own question:

Click the inverted triangle and select "String" as the number format as following. enter image description here

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/q/44689327/2796832

Thanks for the input,
Jonah

~~~