Re: [cdt-dev] When's the next CDT release?

If we have to do a release anyway for Oxygen.1, may as well make it 9.4

By "have to do a release" I assume that means test it, check the EPP
for C/C++ etc. What I don't have an appreciation for is the effort for
release review/ip log that needs to be done.

There was a previous concern raised about vendors and users keeping
up. However, in my experience vendors take releases on their cycle.
e.g. went from 8.6 -> 9.3 or 8.8 to 9.2. I can't speak for users, but
I can't see users have a problem with the new features.

Finally, if we decide that next release is 9.4, then any bug fixes can
evolve API. Sometimes it can be quite constraining to fix some bugs
without evolving API. (For clarity I still mean non-breaking API
changes.)

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham