Re: [cdt-dev] java.lang.AssertionError in GdbCliConsoleManager.stopConsole(GdbCliConsoleManager.java:103)

> On 1 Jun 2017, at 16:32, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Liviu,
>
> I don't think this is a known problem. Does this happen with Stock
> CDT, or with the Arm plug-ins installed too? I assume the latter for
> the rest of this email.

that's correct.

> IIRC the arm plug-ins create additional consoles for a launch?

yes.

> Are any
> of them Debugger Consoles (i.e in the new debugger console view
> instead of the traditional Eclipse console view)? If so, the code in
> GdbCliConsoleManager is assuming that the console is a more narrow
> type than it is. If so, then I think the assertion is wrong and should
> simply be removed (there is an instanceof check on the next line).

frankly, I did not touch the debugger code since you fixed it for Neon.

if you want to test, before going to the source code, you can install from

	http://gnu-mcu-eclipse.sourceforge.io/v4-neon-updates-experimental

(I'm currently rebranding the project to GNU MCU Eclipse, since I already added support for non-ARM platforms).

> However, I see a potential other problem. If you create your own
> Debugger Console, do you also have the standard one in place too? If
> so, then the manager's getConsole() should be getConsoles() and all of
> the consoles associated with the launch should be terminated.

if you think the CDT code is ok, and the problem is in my code, I'll try to further investigate. any help will be highly appreciated.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top